The Lucky Egg is a potent tool in Pokemon Go game. Why? A simple answer: it can do wonders in hiking up your XP and increase your player level, QUICKLY. What it does is to double the XP you earn for 30 minutes when a Lucky Egg is activated. In our opinion, Lucky Egg is more powerful and useful than Incense or Lure Module. If you play it right, you could potentially earn hundreds of thousands of XP for a Lucky Egg!
So how to maximize the usage of each Lucky Egg? Two words: Combination and Planning.
Combination: Try to combine different events with the Lucky Egg activation. Combine it with Incense, Lure Module, egg hatching, etc. The more activities you engage for the next 30 minutes, the better.
Planning: Make sure to plan on what you will do for the next 30 minutes before you activate a Lucky Egg. Activities can you do:
- Go to a place where there are tons of Pokemon and Pokestops.
- Open gifts when a reward is about to unlock. For example, if you’re going to achieve level 4 of friendship with your friend, you’ll earn an extra 100k.
- Make friends and send them gifts & open them too.
- Catch a Pokemon (100 XP each for Pokemons you already have and 500 XP each for Pokemons you didn’t have previously)
- Hatch a Pokemon egg (200 XP) – this one might be a touch challenging to plan ahead
- Going to a Pokestop (50 XP)
- Evolve a Pokemon (500 XP)!
We believe evolving Pokemons is the easiest and most time-efficient way to maximize the usage of your Lucky Egg. Make sure to store up a lot of Pokemons in advance so you can evolve them during the 30-minute Lucky Egg time. If you have enough Pokemon to evolve, you don’t even need to leave your couch to earn 40,000 XP! In that regard, please do not underestimate the value of Weedle and Caterpie as it only takes 12 candies for you to evolve them.